What I'm Thankful For

Today, I am thankful.

I am so incredibly grateful for all that I have and I have been given so much that I want to share with you the things that I am most thankful for...

--I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ.

--I am thankful for my family, both immediate and extended.  They are a great support system in good and bad times. Due to my parent's divorce, I don't have just two sides, but three, which gives me more people to love and who love me.

What I'm Thankful For

What I'm Thankful For

What I'm Thankful For

--I am thankful for my husband.  He is thoughtful and caring.  He is a wonderful father to our kids and they adore him.  He works hard at his job during the day and helps me at home in the evening.  He's also been so supportive of me and encouraging when I try new things, be it craft projects or hobbies or this blog.

What I'm Thankful For

--I am thankful for my two beautiful kids.  They bring so much joy into my life and the lives they touch.  I love that they are best friends and so sweet to each other.  They teach me how to be a better person.

What I'm Thankful For

--I am thankful for my friends.  I don't have a lot of them that I'd consider close, but those that I do have are a great treasure to me and I'm grateful for their love and support, as well as the fun times we've shared.  They are the friends that you can jump right back into things with even when you haven't seen or talked to them in ages.

--I am thankful for my health.  I am a generally healthy person and I don't get sick hardly ever, which I count as a great blessing.

--I am thankful for my home and that it is a safe place for my family--a wonderful place where they can feel loved and where we can create happy memories.

--I am thankful for hard things because I learn about about myself and my strengths and weaknesses.  I've learned that I can't do it by myself and that when I ask for help, I am surrounded by family and friends who love me and lift me.

-I am also thankful to you--my readers!  As much fun as it is for me to put these posts together, it makes it so much more meaningful to me when I know you are reading them.

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you get to spend it with loved ones.

And remember...be thankful always, not just this time of year.  It's so easy for the feelings of gratitude we feel during this season to be swallowed up in the excitement of Christmas.  I hope we can each carry a grateful heart with us throughout the year.

4 comments

  1. I am thankful for your blog. I love your positive writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I'm one of your close friends :).l I'm thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are Linds! I'm thankful for you and our friendship. :)

      Delete