Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Fall Mantle Inspiration

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!
I love Fall.  I love the bright colors of the leaves as they change.  I love the cooler weather.  I love pumpkins and cornstalks and sunflowers.  So it should come as no surprise that these are the things I use and think about as I decorate my home for the change of season from summer to fall.  I've teamed up with At Home (who has graciously sponsored this post) to bring you some fall inspiration for your home.

As much as I would love to decorate more areas of my home, I have to take into account storage space and the fact that I've got a couple of little kids running around who love to explore and touch everything.  So this year, I decided to focus on two areas of my home: the front porch and the mantle.

First, I'll show you my porch.

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

The reds, oranges, yellows and greens of fall make for the perfect colors to contrast my darker exterior and I think the items I used really pop.

For my door, I made this flowers and berries wreath.  You can check out the tutorial HERE.

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

I slowly started adding decor on either side of the door to fill in the space.  A small bale of hay from the craft store and this darling pumpkin from At Home helped tie in the colors I used on the wreath.

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Then I placed a sign on the opposite side with a mini pumpkin and another pumpkin from At Home which lights up.  I also love that it is a grapevine pumpkin because that also ties in with my grapevine wreath.

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Right in front of the door, I placed a new leaf mat.  It tends to get rainy where I live in the fall so mats are always a good idea.

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

The final touch was a leaf garland.  I used two 6 ft lengths of garland and some tape to connect them.  Then I used a couple of 3M command hooks at each corner and hooked the links of the garland around them.  It's held up really well and I love that I can just take the hooks down when I'm ready to remove the garland.

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

If you'd like to check out the items I used as part of my porch decor, I've included a list below of where each item came from and links where applicable.

Fall Flowers and Berries Wreath  |  Tutorial by Me
Fall Leaf Garland  |  At Home
Hay Bale  |  JoAnn's (they also carry them at At Home)
Harvest Sign  |  At Home
Grapevine Pumpkin  |  At Home
Leaf Mat  |  At Home

Now for the mantle.

If you've been around my blog for a while, you might remember my Spring/Easter Mantle and my Summer Mantle.  This is the main place that I decorate for holidays/seasons because it still allows me to have my decor out and is mostly ignored by my children.  (Also, this is not technically a mantle, but I use it the same as if I had one.)

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

I generally have a wreath but decided to go a different direction when I saw this canvas at At Home.  It seemed so warm and cozy to me and reminds me of when I visited New England a few years ago in the fall.

To fill in the space on either side of the canvas, I used a combination of items I already had and new things to fit my style from At Home.  You might recognize the hurricane vases I made last fall.  I use them almost year round because they allow for so much flexibility in decor due to the fact that I can easily swap out whatever is inside.

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Then, I printed out a couple of pictures of my kids from last fall and put them in the two frames.  If your kids are anything like mine, they love to see pictures of themselves. Plus, I think my kids are pretty cute too.  *wink*

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Again, here is a breakdown of where each item came from with their corresponding links where applicable.

Hurricane Vases  |  Tutorial by Me
Burlap Table Runner  |  Tutorial by Me
Colored Acorns (in hurricane vase)  |  At Home
Pine Cones (in hurricane vase)  |  Walmart
Mini Wood Autumn Sign  |  At Home
Wooden Bowl (similar)  |  At Home
Colored Twine Balls  |  At Home
Red Square Frame  |  Hobby Lobby
Wreath Stand  |  Rod Works (click here for locations)
Fall Canvas  |  At Home
Layered Candle  |  At Home
White Wood Lantern  |  Tai Pan Trading Co.
Orange Stand  |  Hobby Lobby
Green Frame  |  At Home

Happy decorating my friends!

If you're looking for more amazing Fall inspiration, definitely take some time to look at these other Fall Home Tours by some very talented women!

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!
At Home With Zan              Making Joy and Pretty Things                 An Alli Event

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!

Fall Home Tour: Front Porch and Mantle Inspiration plus 8 other bloggers share how they decorate their homes for the fall!
            Thrifty to Nifty                   Craftivity Designs                    Sunshine and Munchkins

43 comments

  1. Love the bright colors, especially how you were able to incorporate the plum in with everything! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cutest fall decor ever! want to come decorate my house now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jessica! I found a lot of it from the At Home store, but if you don't have one nearby, you can always check out their website.

      Delete
  3. Your new theme looks great, Shani!! Your porch looks so welcoming with the happy color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front door looks so welcoming. I love all the pieces you added to your home. Such simplicity yet beautiful. And yes, decoratimg an entire home with kids is no easy task. Speaking from experience😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zan! And decorating with kids around can be so tricky. I have to be picky about what I put out because it has to be durable in case it gets into the wrong hands, haha.

      Delete
  5. I love love love your front porch decor! The leaf garland is so lovely and really welcoming. I love to decorate my mantle, too, since it's far enough away from little hands to get broken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! The leaf garland was the last thing I added and I think it really ties everything together.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE YOUR NEW DESIGN!!! Your decor is super cute, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britt! I am totally in love with the new look of my blog! (And the decor is fun too, haha.)

      Delete
  7. I love fall decor! I love the rich colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shahla! Fall colors are so lovely and vibrant.

      Delete
  8. I adore your decor! I love everything about your front porch! The colors are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

    Erin | www.awelderswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to lie: I smile every time I look at my front porch. Thanks for stopping by Erin!

      Delete
  9. I love the colors you used on the porch - so gorgeous! That wreath is stunning. I'm going to try and make one myself too. I had a HUGE wreath on my door last Fall, but it was just too much. I like how this one is nice and simple and classy. My front poor doesn't really allow for that much decoration besides the wreath unfortunately. I should try putting a few simple things on the stairs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The wreath is one of my favorites that I've made so far. It was so simple, but I think it really creates the pop and wow factor I was going for.

      Delete
  10. These are some of my favorite posts to visit...I love the seasonal home tours! Your front porch look so pretty and festive! I think I will have to go check out your wreath tutorial, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terryn! I think it's so fun to see each person's style come out during the holidays.

      Delete
  11. That pumpkin, those beautiful, vibrant leaves and that wreath - it's all perfection! Awesome front porch decor! All of my kids are grown and gone (well, they are close by) and I marvel at how much you young moms can get done while raising kids. I'm in awe. Beautiful decor - simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those decorations are adorable! I love your style so much. It's just the right amount of decor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I love the bright pop of color with the leaves around your door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! The leaves around my door were actually the last thing I added and I think it really ties everything together.

      Delete
  14. Totally in love with what you did with your porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is hard to decorate when you have little ones. I think you have found great balance. Fall is such a great time of year and your home sure reflects that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you are so creative! Love all your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks so beautiful and welcoming! I need you to come over to decorate my house!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Fall decor, such a fun season to decorate for! And that wreath you made is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine! I've definitely got more seasonal decor for the last three months of the year than I do for the rest of the year combined, haha.

      Delete
  19. OMG. I love your fall decor and that lighted pumpkin is my favorite. Thanks for sharing. I need to get on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! The light up pumpkin is one of my favorite things too. I hope you find some fun fall decor!

      Delete
  20. Fall tour looks great shani! The front porch is my favorite with all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colette! I think the porch is my favorite as well. I've never really done much with my porch before so it was a fun challenge.

      Delete
  21. All of your decorations are adorable!! I love that leaf mat! I have yet to decorate my house for Fall. I am seriously behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mistle! Sometimes I get around to decorating my house for fall before Halloween and sometimes it doesn't happen until after Halloween and it becomes more of a fall/Thanksgiving type theme.

      Delete