Grandparents Day Printables

FREE Grandparents Day printables--Print them, fill them out and send them in the mail for a fun surprise!
Happy weekend everyone!  And speaking of weekends, did you know this Sunday commemorates two very important days?

The first is on Sunday in remembrance of the 9/11 attacks at the World Trade Center, The Pentagon and Shanksville, Pennsylvania.  I remember that day.  I was sitting in my first period English class and we were about twenty minutes into class when we received a school wide announcement to please stop what we were doing and turn on the TV.  What we saw next seems unbelievable and even thinking about it now, 15 years later, my chest feels tight and unwanted images come to my mind.  The rest of the day was a blur.  Teachers tried to give their lessons but even they gave up partway through and turned on the TV.  No one could believe what they had seen and heard and yet, it was all unmistakably and tragically true.  I hope you will each take a moment this weekend to remember the lives that were lost that day when loved ones didn't make it home.


Sunday is also Grandparents Day.  Don't worry, I didn't know either until I looked at my calendar last month while planning out my post for September.  But what a great reason to celebrate!  My parents and my in-laws are all wonderful grandparents to my kids.  They are loving, supportive and each one is wrapped around their grandkids' fingers. *wink*  If your kids don't have any living grandparents, you could take the time to talk to them about their grandparents and share stories and pictures or even visit their graves if you live close enough.

My dad and step-mom with all their grandkids (mine are the sassy girl in pink and the little blonde boy on the right)

My grandma and my kids' great-grandma

My mom and my kids

My in-laws with my son

To help you celebrate this fun day, I've created a FREE printable for you and your child to fill out and give to each grandparent, as well as some space at the bottom to draw a picture.  If your kids don't see them often, fill it out and send it through the mail.  I'm sure that would make their day!

To access the printables, click on the link below the image.  Enjoy!

FREE Grandparents Day printables--Print them, fill them out and send them in the mail for a fun surprise!

FREE Grandparents Day printables--Print them, fill them out and send them in the mail for a fun surprise!

What are you favorite memories with your grandparents?

10 comments

  1. Awww I love those printables, and perfect timing, too. My father just passed away last month, and my girls are still a little too young to really get it, but they miss him just the same. I was trying to think of a way that they could remember him as they get older, and this could be a simple and fun way to keep his memory alive for them. thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your dad Jessica. :( I'm glad that you will be able to use these printables and take some time to remember him with your girls.

      Delete
  2. Omg I had no idea!! Thanks for the insight and printable. Hopefully it livins up such a dad day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Dominique. I love how holidays are geared towards remembering something, whether it's parents, grandparents or those who have passed.

      Delete
  3. Awe, these are so cute. I will have to use them once we have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea, Shani! I had no idea it was Grandparents day haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see your family! I LOVE these printables and will have to do them with my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora! I hope you enjoy doing them together!

      Delete