14 Empowering Quotes To Help You Harness Your Inner Wonder Woman

About a week ago, I was talking to my husband about how I was both sad and relieved that summer was over.  I was lamenting the fact that I felt like I'd kind of failed my older two kids in the summer fun department because so much of my time was spent in three hour blocks due to our new baby.  As a result, they mostly played together inside, watched shows or were out in the backyard.  Sure, I still planned some activities and we crossed a few things off our bucket list but as a whole, I felt the summer wasn't all that memorable.  I crave routine and predictability and with the start of a new school year, as well as a baby who's schedule is emerging, I finally have both of those things.  And that's when that old enemy "mom guilt" started creeping in big time and I felt bad for looking forward to my kids being gone at school.  If you have kids, I'm guessing you've felt this way too at least a few times in your life.  It can be so easy to let that voice tell us that we didn't do enough or what we did do wasn't good enough.

As I've thought about what summer blockbuster movie I want to share with you today for Movie Club Monday, I keep coming back to Wonder Woman.  While she wasn't a mom, I think there's a lot we can learn from her approach to life.  She was kind.  She had compassion.  She tried to do the right thing.  She lifted those around her.  She didn't hide her talents and she used them to help others.  I really love this quote from Diana's aunt, Antiope:  "You are stronger than you believe.  You have greater powers than you know."  This applies to you.  To me.  To every woman you meet.

Today I want to share with you some quotes that I love and that I hope will help lift you up, especially on those days when you are feeling down.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?'  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It's not just in some of us; it's in all everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others." (Marianne Williamson)

"She was unstoppable.  Not because she didn't have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them."

"Try and keep on trying until that which seems difficult becomes possible--and that which seems impossible becomes habit and a real part of you." (Dieter F. Uchtdorf)

"It's time to stop pretending that you are some average person.  You've got big work to do.  Big."

"It's never too late in the day to start your day over."

"Be nice to yourself.  It's hard to be happy when someone is always being mean to you." (Christine Arylo)

"On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good."

"Your value doesn't decrease based on someone else's inability to see your worth."

"Happiness is a form of courage." (George Holbrook Jackson)

"View your life with 'kindsight'.  Stop beating yourself up about things from your past.  Instead of slapping your forehead and saying, "What was I thinking?", breathe and ask the kinder question: "What was I learning?" (notsalmon.com)

"Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." (Mary Ann Radmacher)

"The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." (Marjorie Pay Hinckley)

"There will be so many times when you think you have failed, but in the eyes, mind and heart of your child, you are super mom." (Stephanie Precourt)

"It's not who you are that holds you back.  It's who you think you're not."

I hope at least one of these quotes hits home with you and I would love for you to pin it and come back to it on days when you just need a little bit of encouragement.  Let's give ourselves the benefit of the doubt and remember that we are each amazing in our own ways.


Next month, I'll be sharing a post inspired by a COMEDY.


What helps you harness your inner Wonder Woman?

4 comments

  1. Love all these quotes! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quotes, Shani! They are so empowering! The first one is my favorite. And the one about being kind to yourself. Ok, it's tough to choose a favorite; they're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good quotes (and I love the movie Wonder Woman too!!), I really needed to hear those today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great and fabulous quotes! I'm a sucker for inspiring quotes that make me feel motivated to tackle my goals!

    ReplyDelete