10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me (photo credit: Roxana B Photography)
Recently, it occurred to me that a lot of what I share on my blog are posts about how to do something or make something, tips on organization or parenting or my thoughts.  My kids inevitably come up in those posts and pictures considering they consume most of my day.  My husband shows up sometimes too.  But I don't really talk about myself much.  I always think it's fun to find out the little quirks and facts that make up who a person is so today I'm sharing 10 things you didn't know about me.

1. Growing up, I wanted a pet chinchilla.  I still don't have one and probably never will because they are kind of high maintenance, but I can't help but get excited whenever I see one!

2. My husband and I got engaged after dating for 2 months and got married 5 months later.  We've been married for 8.5 years so things are going pretty well.  We haven't changed too much have we?

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

3. I've been using a paper planner since the first day of 7th grade when they gave everyone one to keep track of school assignments, tests, etc.  I got a new one every year and would spend the first couple of days of school putting all the due dates for everything into it from my class syllabi.  This continued through junior high, high school, college and I have one now too.  I keep track of pretty much everything in it and I love it.

4. I stopped growing when I was 16.  My feet and height have been the same for the last 15 years.

5. The first concert I went to was when I was 13 and it was to see the Backstreet Boys.  (Were you for BSB or N'SYNC?)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

6. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the slot on top of a cereal box gets ripped and then I can't close the tab.

7. My first airplane ride was when I was 18 and my family and I flew to Florida from Utah to go on a cruise.

8. My daughter's name came from a book I read in high school (although I did change the spelling).

9. Cole slaw and potato salad are my least favorite foods EVER.  Oddly enough, it was one of the first things my husband and I found out we had in common when we were dating.

10. If I could go back to my college days before I met my husband, I would do a study abroad program to Italy.  It is still my dream to visit there one day and stuff my face full of homemade pasta, pizza and gelato.

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

I hope you had fun learning a little bit more about me!

28 comments

  1. I was team NSYNC and I still totally use a paper calendar too! I started at around the same age as you did and now it's just a habit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried doing stuff electronically, but paper planners just work for me!

      Delete
  2. This was a great idea. No didn't know all these things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe that is so cute. You and your husband really didn't change all that much. How adorable that you both knew after only a few months that you belonged together. I hope you get to Italy one day, let me tell you the food and especially the gelato is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabrina! When you know, you know! And I am so jealous that you've been to Italy! I'll have to get some tips from you when we go one day. :)

      Delete
  4. So fun! I have always wanted to go to italy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so amazing to go! I'd love to do a coastal cruise or something so that I could visit a bunch of places.

      Delete
  5. So glad you stopped growing. You were super model already!!! Had to give the rest of us shorties a fighting chance! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Heather! At least you could find pants that fit. ;)

      Delete
  6. I loved BOTH BSB and NSYNC. I went to both concerts for each tour. But BSB was my first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I only ever went to the one BSB concert, but I loved it.

      Delete
  7. Haha very fun facts. And I was definitely a BSB fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shani,
    Isn't is funny how we get lost behind the blog :)
    I just love posts like this !!!
    I was definitely team Nsync, but listened to both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Amanda! I've learned a lot about myself through blogging, but those things don't always get shared on the blog. It was fun for me to share a bit about myself!

      Delete
  9. I have not grown either since...I can't even remember. Italy is such a pretty place to visit. I hope you get to go there one day! My first concert was also when I was 13 for N'Sync. I loved with BSB & N'Sync. I was such a teeny bopper. I also hate cole slaw. I refuse to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates cole slaw! And I am totally jealous that you've been to Italy. It is on the top of the list of places I want to visit outside the US.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the fun way to learn a little more about you! You and your husband really haven't changed much at all! I get aggravated too when the tab breaks on the cereal box (and boxes of crackers, pasta, etc. lololol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think my husband and I just look a little more tired than we used to (but kids will do that to ya!). And yes, when the tab breaks on any box where you have the slide the tab in--so annoying!

      Delete
  11. I love this!
    First, team NSYNC all the way.
    Second, I am totally with you about the pet peeve - not being able to close the box correctly is absolutely maddening! ;)
    Best,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute idea! I'd like to hire you to come complete my paper planner that is sitting with dust piled on top :) I was equally a BSB and NSYNC fan. My childhood friend and I used to come up with our own dance routines to their songs (embarrassing...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Sarah, that's awesome! I totally made up dance routines to BSB and NSYNC with my friends too, and I think we might have even performed one at a talent show...

      Delete
  13. Fun to learn some more about you! We visited Italy right before we had our first child and it was incredible. We went to Rome and Venice and just LOVED simply walking the streets and eating in small restaurants.

    ReplyDelete