Back To School Questionnaire {Free Printable}

As we move into another school year, I'm realizing more and more that time just passes by so quickly.  I think about when I was the same age as my daughter is now and while I have some clear memories of that time, I don't remember many seemingly small things that would have been fun to know, like what did I want to be when I grew up?, or what was my favorite subject in school?.  That's why I'm glad that there were teachers who recorded these things for me, which I then took home to my mom, who turned around and saved it in a giant box for me to look at when I was older.  I plan on doing the same thing for my kids as they progress through school.  However, I also like the idea of being able to see how they change from the beginning of the school year to the end of the school year, which is why I created this fun and simple back to school questionnaire.

School hasn't quite started for us yet, but we have been gearing up with school supplies, new clothes and trying to get back into a regular routine.  My oldest loves school and learning and is excited to go back to school this year as a big first grader (cue the tears!).  I wrote her this letter last year as she began kindergarten.  I love the little person she is becoming and I know that this school year is going to come and go just as quickly as last year.

This back to school questionnaire will be the perfect way to document a few things about her as she starts a new year.  I love that it's short and simple so (hopefully) it will keep her attention long enough to fill it out before she wants to get back to playing.  While it would be easier to ask her the questions and write them in myself, I am going to have her write the answers.  It will be a good way to see how her handwriting changes and improves from the beginning of the year to the end, as well as from year to year as she moves through the grades.

To print out your own back to school questionnaires, just click on the image below.  (I've formatted it to print as a regular 8.5x11 sheet of paper.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KcLYmi4s3NIqS9yGYSsxMgkoEOnxJhgD/view?usp=sharing

*NOTE*  You can find the font I used on the questionnaire, plus 9 more on this back to school fonts post.

This post is part of the Inspire My Creativity link party which happens every month on the second Wednesday.  Our theme this month is BACK TO SCHOOL so you'll see a lot of great craft and DIY posts all about this time of year.  I'd love for you to check them out below and click on any you find interesting.

Shani  |  Sunshine & Munchkins
Christine  |  Swordfights & Starry Nights
Meg  |  See The Happy
Candice  |  She's Crafty
Jaclyn  |  The Dotted Nest
Victoria  |  Dazzle While Frazzled
Julia  |  The Quiet Grove
Marie  |  The Inspiration Vault
Stephanie  |  The Gifty Girl
Brooke  |  My Beautiful Mess
Heather  |  Glitter On A Dime
Niki  |  365 Days of Crafts
Jessica  |  Designers Sweet Spot


An InLinkz Link-up

Next month the theme will be LEAVES in celebration of fall.

 

8 comments

  1. I love this! I can't believe it's already back to school season! This summer flew by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. What a fun way to see how the kids change each year. And remember the teachers and what the loved learning about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This questionnaire is a good idea. I too have a hard time remembering things from my childhood. It's always fun to remember back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be so fun to have filled out year after year. I would love to see their little personalities evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable idea! This will be so much fun for the kids and parents to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of saving those important things. My mom did that for me as well and I plan to do it with my children as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, it is so important to remember these "little things."

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute printable. Wouldn't it be so fun to look back on for each year of school? Love it!

    ReplyDelete