$10 at Target: Gearing Up For Summer

$10 at Target: Gearing Up for Summer  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month and see what we got for $10 at Target!
Hey friends!  Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed Mother's Day.  Today, I'm super excited to share a new series I am co-hosting called $10 at Target.  It is a monthly challenge where you have to try and spend...you guessed it: only $10 at Target.  Now, as we all know, Target is a wonderful lovely place where we go in for one thing and come out with 20 things way more items than we planned. *wink*  So spending $10 or less can be a real challenge!  Are you ready?

I visited Target a couple of weeks ago with this challenge in mind.  Of course, the first place I stopped was the Dollar Spot.  My thought was to pick up some things for summer since it's finally starting to warm up here (although it's supposed to rain this week...).  The way that I usually shop is to pick up things that I'm interested in and then look at what I have and see what I'm most interested in and then narrow it down.  Does anyone else do this?

I finally settled on these items: a baseball hat with a darling floral pattern on it for my daughter, three chalk paint squirt bottles, a package of cute, pink paper straws and a couple of glass jars with lids and plastic straws.  The total on my receipt was $10.69 with tax.  (The items I didn't get: another package of teal paper straws, a lightweight spring scarf and hair tie bracelets.)

$10 at Target: Gearing Up for Summer  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month and see what we got for $10 at Target!

My daughter wanted to pull out the hat and wear it as soon as we got into the car and she's worn it a few times since then.  It's so dang cute on her!

$10 at Target: Gearing Up for Summer  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month and see what we got for $10 at Target!

As for the chalk paint squirt bottles, we've been saving those for a nice hot day when I can let the kids play and then let them run through the sprinklers in the backyard.  These would also be fun to do an art project using some inexpensive canvas and letting the kids squirt the chalk paint onto it.

$10 at Target: Gearing Up for Summer  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month and see what we got for $10 at Target!

The glass jars and paper straws were just really fun.  I am thinking I'll probably use them for summer drinks and they will make for some great photo props, so keep an eye out in the next couple of months! *wink*

$10 at Target: Gearing Up for Summer  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month and see what we got for $10 at Target!

Like I mentioned above, I am a co-host for the $10 at Target challenge and link up party.  If you'd like to join us, we post the third Monday of each month.  I'd love to see what you find at Target!  You can also check out what each of the other hosts bought with their $10!


$10 at Target  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month and see what we got for $10 at Target!
Stephanie  |  Wife Mommy Me
Becky  |  by BMG
Ashley  |  Ashley Newell
Johannah  |  The Sirois Family
Stephanie  |  The Gifty Girl
Danielle  |  Sparkles and Lattes
Jess  |  Secrets of a SAHM



17 comments

  1. I LOVE those glass drinking jars! So cute! You were able to get a lot for $10! Good job!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those glass jars, they are so cute! I haven't seen that chalk spray paint before, so dang cool! My kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to check out that spray chalk next time I'm at Target! It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how it goes with the spray chalk. I am intrigued by that stuff! The hat does look really cute on her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those glass jars! Definitely picking them up if I see them on my next trip. How do you like the spray chalk? I debated getting it myself and ended up with the molding sand instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I love the spray chalk! We would have so much fun with that at my house! The glasses are fabulous too! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hat is adorable. I haven't seen that one at our Target. I've wanted to try chalk paints like that, but wasn't sure if they actually worked. Hmm...may have to go grab some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really should try this challenge!! It could've saved me a ton of money this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know how the spray chalk is! I thought about getting it but didn't know if it was a waste or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chalk squirt bottles!! Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm intrigued by the spray chalk! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter is adorable in that hat!! Awesome for protecting from the sun too, great job Shani!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I just bought my kids sunglasses today from the dollar spot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok I am obsessed with this link up and challenge!!! Love what you found especially that hat! My daughters would love those! I need to make a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so fun! I will try to join in next month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Target = $100+ for me every time...I need to just go to the dollar spot and ONLY the dollar spot! LOL!

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete