$10 at Target: Summer Fun Edition

$10 at Target: Summer Fun Edition  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month to see what we got for $10 at Target!
Is it just me, or is anyone else in disbelief about how quickly summer seems to be passing by?  School starts next month and with my first child going into kindergarten, I'm not sure that I'm ready for summer to be over.  However, I'm trying to embrace each day as it comes and that includes coming up with fun activities, wearing bright colors and eating lots of popsicles.  I took my daughter with me this last weekend when I went to Target and we found plenty that caught our eye.  I am a co-host for this challenge and it's been fun to see if I can stay right around the $10 limit.  Do you think you could do it?  See what we got below as part of this month's edition of $10 at Target!

So last couple of months, my $10 at Target finds have all been found in the dollar spot.  I wanted to try and branch out this month and see what I could find for my $10 challenge and Target did not disappoint me.  In fact, it would be safe to say that there were too many things for me to choose from and it was so hard to narrow it down because I wanted to buy all. the. things.  Ultimately, this is what I walked out with: a spirograph set and a neon pineapple shirt.  Each were $5 so I spend my $10 pretty quickly this month.

$10 at Target: Summer Fun Edition  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month to see what we got for $10 at Target!

My daughter was begging me to pull out the spirograph the minute we got home and when my son saw it and found out it was an activity, I got instantly bombarded by him as well.  The reason I bought the spirograph was partially because of nostalgia (I had one as a kid), and also because I thought it would be a fun activity for the kids that didn't have a lot of pieces or take up a lot of room.  I pulled it out and my husband and I helped the kids figure it out.  They loved the different designs that each gear created and played with it for a good 30 minutes and then pulled it out again today.  The only bummer is that it only came with one round main gear and one straight gear and the straight one is not easy to use, so really only one kid can play with it without help.

$10 at Target: Summer Fun Edition  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month to see what we got for $10 at Target!

$10 at Target: Summer Fun Edition  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month to see what we got for $10 at Target!

As for the neon pineapple shirt, I actually have to give credit to Becky from BYBMG (who is also a co-host for this challenge).  She posted a picture of herself wearing it last week and I knew I had to have it.  Thankfully, I found my size in the dwindling pile of pineapple shirts and threw it in the cart.  My husband also gave his stamp of approval when I put it on this weekend to take a picture, haha.  (I'm kind of loving pineapple stuff right now and it's been fun to also wear the pink pineapple shirt I made last summer.)

$10 at Target: Summer Fun Edition  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month to see what we got for $10 at Target!

Like I mentioned above, I am a co-host for the $10 at Target challenge and link up party.  If you'd like to join us, we post the third Monday of each month.  I'd love to see what you find at Target!  You can also check out what each of the other hosts bought with their $10 below!

$10 at Target: Summer Fun Edition  |  Join us for our monthly link up party on the third Monday of each month to see what we got for $10 at Target!

Stephanie  |  Wife Mommy Me
Becky  |  by BYBMG
Ashley  |  Ashley Newell
Johannah  |  The Sirois Family
Stephanie  |  The Gifty Girl
Danielle  |  Sparkles and Lattes
Jess  |  Secrets of a SAHM


14 comments

  1. Oh man, this seems like a fun and challenging challenge! I walked in to Target last week and couldn't believe all the back to school stuff already. It seems so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pineapple shirt is so fun, and yes, there's nothing like the awesome nostalgia that an old toy - brought back to life! - brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice challenge! I'd need a lot of guidelines cause I know that I could definitely spend less than $10 at Target haha. Although, I do get sucked into the spending spiral at Target, I tend to stick to my list about 98% of the time.

    xx
    The Felicia Renee | a minimalist lifestyle & beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shirt! I love pineapples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shirt! I need to go look at the clearance t-shirts I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a Target close by so I could do this every month! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree, summer is going by so fast! And that pineapple shirt looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sooo close to buying that pineapple shirt, but they didn't have my size. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that shirt this weekend and ALMOST got it, but got a cold shoulder ruffle top instead that is darling! Love Target.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute shirt! I have to get in on this challenge, I love Target and bargain shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shirt is SOOOOO cute on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable shirt! I really miss having a Target here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that cute tee! I don't live near a Target, or I join in. But I love shopping virtually through this challenge. You rock it every time! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been eyeing that pineapple shirt but it was never 5$!!

    ReplyDelete