Summer 2016 Reading List

One thing you should know about me is that I LOVE to read.  I learned how to read before starting kindergarten and I've been devouring books ever since then.  Lots of late nights and too-soon mornings because I can't seem to put a good book down.  I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I am part of a book club.  It is so much fun for me to read books and discuss them.  I even considered getting a degree in English when I went to college.

This summer, I'd like to continue reading, so I've put together a Summer 2016 Reading List.  At the end of the summer, I'll let you know if I made it through my list.  (I am a super fast reader so if you're a betting kind of person, put your money on me. *wink*)  You can click on the title of each book to go to Goodreads and read a synopsis.

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
Sorcery & Cecilia: or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Phillipp Sendker
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Austenland by Shannon Hale
The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

If you like to read too, check out these books and let me know which ones you're interested in reading or have already read in the comments below!

9 comments

  1. Loved Snow Flower and the Secret Fan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about it! I'm excited!

      Delete
  2. I've read Me Before You, The Night Circus, The Maze Runner, Where'd You Go Bernadette, and The Thirteenth Tale! I hated Me Before You, and The Maze Runner was pretty good, but the other 3 I LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Night Circus definitely intrigues me so I'm happy to hear you liked it. I haven't heard much about the other two you liked though so I'm excited to read them. Any you'd add to the list?

      Delete
  3. The Night Circus is one of my top 5 favorite books! And Where'd You Go Bernadette had me literally laughing out loud. Invention of Wings and Language of Flowers are also high on my favorites list. This is a great list! Yay for summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously so excited to start reading! The only one I'm not 100% sure I will end up reading is Me Before You, but the others are for sure. I'll probably start with The Night Circus since everyone loves it so much.

      Delete
  4. PS we need to hang out while I'm in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just say the word, my friend, and we'll make it work! It's been too long!

      Delete
  5. This looks like a fun list. I marked all the ones I haven't read "to Read". I've read Thirteenth Tale (don't remember it much but looks like I gave it 2 stars), Maze Runner (I really liked this one, much better than the movie), and Austenland (Shannon Hale is my all time favorite author and I love this book. It is SO much better than the movie). HAPPY READING!!

    ReplyDelete